SOEWN EARTH

The Earth Reliant Artist



Trace Willans All Natural Mixed Media







Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Smoked Eggs

Finally the Egg Brooches have been smoked and are ready for action well they will be as soon as I can get hold of some nice brooch backs, not those silly twiddly ones. So I have some on order and my fingers are crossedthat they will arrive soon. But heres a sneek peak anyway.

Backs
More backs


Fronts

And some more fronts.
The big decision! Some of the backs are nicer than their respective fronts do I turn them over? Can I do double sided brooches? Do I make more? Smooth ones so they are backs on both sides???? Hmm I think perhaps the last ones. Nice shiny ones with swirly smoke patterns. So now its just come on the Backs.




6 comments:

Heartwideopen said...

OH Lordy do I ever love these. I'd like to get some without pin-backs as they'd be lovely beaded around. In fact, some of them could be beaded around the edges and used as a pendant and if it flipped over you'd be able to see the beautiful backs also!!!
HuGGs!
Debi

Catherine V. Bainbridge said...

Me too! I even love them plain with no textured imprints! I will have to contact you properly in teh near future, I would love to feature something of yours when we come to do a photo shoot for our collection taht will be available online (and obviously, you would be credited on the site). Interested?

Really lovely work!

Trace Willans said...

I am unsure how you would either bead these or make them into pendants as they are ceramic and there are no holes in them. Perhaps stitch them in like a sisha mirror?
I am more than happy to be featured anywhere!!!
THanks for the lovely compliments.

ellie said...

These are so lovely. Have such a raw earthiness to them; I want to touch, hold, feel them!
I, too, was thinking that pendants would be good. That way they are easy to finger and feel when wearing throughout the day. I don't know if this would work - but could you possibly use a very fine drill to make a hole to turn them into a pendant. Perhaps if you put sticky tape or something that would help the hole to not crack. ??? Just a thought.

Trace Willans said...

Holes need to be put in prior to them being fired and I have tried it and it has to be too close to the edge and it breaks. But I will persist so one day there will be egg pendants. I will also have to look for larger jump rings so I can make the hole further from the edge.

Sara lechner said...

they are wonderful each way! I love your blog and work!