SOEWN EARTH

The Earth Reliant Artist



Trace Willans All Natural Mixed Media







Thursday, October 27, 2011

More Egg Related Business

Playing some more with the egg. Here I have applied the egg yolk to a lino print, the yellow one a stamped the block onto the fabric the dark one I put the block on the table and applied the cloth to the block. I allowed the egg to dry and then put them into two different dye pots. I like what happened.

This is a closer shot.

This a small concertina book I placed leaves inside and held it closed with fold back clamps and then dyed.

A little tiny book

The egg paper now a wax covered book cover

Hand made paper on the inside.
So that is what I have been up to in the studio.

5 comments:

Velma Bolyard said...

wow. you are cooking with gas. this work is so amazing. love the egg book. no, really love it. i hope i get to see next summer!

Manya Maratou said...

this is looking very good. thanks for posting and sharing!

dandelionlady said...

This is all so wonderful! I'm so glad I found your blog. You've absolutely inspired me!

india flint said...

i've been singing your praises to my class in Halifax
telling them how Lotta and then you took the egg mordant idea several steps further
hope they swing by and leave a calling card
xo

Velma Bolyard said...

i came back to look at the egg book and realize i forgot to give your new banner the thumbs up. nice.